Pitch to Win Official Contest Rules ("Official Rules")
These are the Pitch to Win Official Contest Rules ("Official Rules") for the Pitch to Win contest ("Contest"). The Contest is sponsored by Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company ("Nationwide"), One Nationwide Plaza, Columbus, Ohio 43215, and Bluevine Capital Inc. ("BlueVine"), 401 Warren St., Suite 300, Redwood City, CA 94063 ("Sponsors").
NO PURCHASE OR QUOTE FROM NATIONWIDE OR BLUEVINE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASING OR OBTAINING A QUOTE WILL NOT INCREASE THE ODDS OF WINNING.
YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE A CUSTOMER OF NATIONWIDE AND/OR BLUEVINE TO APPLY FOR PITCH TO WIN; BEING A CUSTOMER OF NATIONWIDE AND/OR BLUEVINE DOES NOT INCREASE OR DECREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
The Pitch to Win contest is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, except where prohibited, who:
- are 18 years of age or have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence at the time of entry, whichever is greater;
- are legally able to work in the United States;
- are able to provide reasonable proof of being an owner or affiliate of a legally operating small business that is not a franchise and has under 500 employees
- are not a current employee of Nationwide or BlueVine;
- are not an authorized Nationwide reseller or Nationwide investment or BlueVine partner;
- own a business that is currently active, lawful, and has all necessary and required licenses and registrations and must remain so through the end of the Contest;
- own a business whose primary purpose is not in competition with Nationwide or BlueVine; and who
- own a business that is not under bankruptcy protection or has judicial liens or attachments.
Employees, agents and financial advisors of Nationwide or BlueVine, and each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, owners, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees, their advertising and promotion agencies, and any entity involved in the development, production, implementation, administration or fulfillment of the Contest (all of the foregoing, collectively referred to as "Contest Entities") and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of such persons, whether related or not, are not eligible to enter the Contest.
Sponsors shall determine, in its sole discretion, whether an entry meets the eligibility criteria to participate in the Contest. Sponsors' decisions regarding eligibility and all other aspects of the Contest are final and binding. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations, and is void in all geographic locations where prohibited by law.
Nationwide and BlueVine reserve the right to decide if a business or business name is, for any reason, inappropriate for participation in this Contest (collectively, the "Business Eligibility Rules").
HOW TO ENTER
The Contest begins May 3 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time ("EST") and ends June 30, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. EST (the "Contest Period").
To enter, during the Contest Period, apply online at www.pitchtowinbig.com. Limit (1) entry per business during the Contest Period. Multiple entries will not be accepted. Nationwide and BlueVine will not be responsible for lost, incomplete, illegible, late, misdirected, stolen, or mutilated entries; technical or mechanical malfunctions; errors in the Official Rules, in any related ads or materials; or processing error. Nationwide and BlueVine can void the entry of any entrant who it believes has attempted to tamper with or impair Contest administration, security, fairness, or proper play.
MEDIA CONSENT AND RELEASE
By entering the Contest, the entrant consents to participation in the Contest and further consent to Nationwide and BlueVine to obtaining, using, and transferring the entrant's name, social media handles and/or usernames, photograph, voice and/or other likeness, submitted materials, and prize information for advertising, trade and promotional purposes in association with this Contest without notice, review, approval, or compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, unless prohibited by law. Nationwide and BlueVine are under no obligation to use any contents submitted and reserves the right to reject and/or remove your application at any time if, in Nationwide's and BlueVine's sole discretion, it deems the content inappropriate for the Contest.
An executive panel of judges will review and assess all applications based on the Official Rules and these three main judging criteria:
- Your business (20% weight): Which business owner best meets a real need in the marketplace through a unique product(s) and/or service?
- Your story (20% weight): Which business owner has best communicated their story regarding why they decided to start their business?
- Your pitch (60% weight): Which business owner has the most compelling concept for how they would use $100,000 to take their company to the next level?
Up to 100 semifinalists will be chosen and informed of their advancement on or about August 5, 2019 via email by Nationwide and BlueVine leaders based on the Judging Criteria from all the entrants that enter the Contest. They will advance to a second round, where they will be asked to submit additional information and a short video pitch. Up to 10 finalists will be chosen and informed of their advancement on or about September 3, 2019 via email and a letter by Nationwide and BlueVine leaders based on the Judging Criteria. The finalists will pitch their business on or about October 3, 2019 in person before an executive panel of judges at Nationwide’s headquarters in Columbus, Ohio. The finalists will receive:
- A chance to compete to be one of the top three winners and receive non-dilutive grant awards for your business with $100,000 for 1st place, $20,000 for 2nd place, $10,000 for 3rd place;
- One (1) VISA Gift Card to cover per diem meals, taxis and incidentals, along with an award dinner and ceremony;
- An opportunity to sit down with experienced business consultants, who will help answer your most pressing questions about marketing, growing and running your company;
- One (1) room for two (2) nights for each finalist plus one (1) guest at a hotel to be determined by Nationwide and BlueVine;
- Round trip, coach-class air transportation for up to two (2) individuals to the Pitch to Win event in October from a major airport near winner's home, within the continental United States (determined by Nationwide and BlueVine in its sole discretion) to Columbus, OH. Nationwide will be responsible for booking each flight. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability and blackout dates. No compensation or prize will be made in the event that a finalist is not able to attend the event and pitch in person. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules, and those set forth by the Nationwide's and BlueVine's airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the Official Rules, are the responsibility solely of winner. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. If in the judgment of Nationwide and BlueVine air travel is not required due to winner's proximity to prize location, ground transportation will be substituted for round trip air travel at Nationwide's and BlueVine's sole discretion. Nationwide and BlueVine will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates.
Prize winners are responsible for any expenses incurred in connection with the prizes. No substitution or transfer of prizes is permitted. All federal, state and local taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of the winner. If requested, winners must execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release, proof of business ownership or affiliation, the adequacy of which will be decided in Nationwide's and BlueVine's sole discretion, and (where legal) Publicity Release within three days of notification. Failure to do so may result in disqualification, forfeiture, or award to alternate winner. Nationwide and BlueVine reserve the right to withhold some or all of the prizes outlined above in the event that it determines, in its sole determination and discretion, that the winner is in violation of the Official Rules or the law.
By entering this Contest you, together with your heirs and assigns, agree to release, discharge, indemnify, and hold harmless Nationwide and BlueVine and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/ promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company's shareholders, officers, directors, employees, members, licensors, assigns and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any and all liability whatsoever from any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
Contest is governed by and subject to the laws of the United States and the state of Ohio. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. Prize Winners may receive an IRS 1099 form for the value of their prizes. Entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the judges, which are final and binding on all matters relating to the Contest. The Contest Entities are not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the printing of the offer, administration of the Contest or the announcement of the prizes, or for lost, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete or illegal entries. The Contest Entities reserve the right at their sole discretion to disqualify any entrant found to be (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process, (b) submitting any fraudulent materials to Nationwide and BlueVine or committing any fraudulent act as part of the promotion, or (c) violating the Official Rules in any way.
Except where prohibited, as a condition of participating in the Contest, entrant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and all claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest or any prize awarded, or the determination of winner shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. All issues and questions rights and obligations of entrant in connection with the Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Ohio, without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof.