The information included on this website is designed for informational purposes only. It is not legal, tax, financial, or any other sort of advice; nor is it a substitute for such advice. The information on this site may not apply to your specific situation. We have tried to make sure the information is accurate, but it could be outdated or even inaccurate, in parts. It is the reader's responsibility to comply with any applicable local, state, or federal regulations, and to make their own decisions about how to operate their business. Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company, its affiliates, and their employees make no warranties about the information, no guarantee of results, and assume no liability in connection with the information provided.
Business Solutions Center
Run Your Business
Planning to Sell Your Business? 10 Things You Need to Know
When running a business, hindsight is definitely 20/20, and, it's often possible to use hindsight to change the outcome if given a second opportunity. When selling a business, however, hindsight may still be 20/20, but it is nearly impossible to change the outcome. However, business owners considering the sale of their business can gain from the hindsight of others. Gleaned from business sellers and business sale experts, these are the Ten Things You Need to Know well before you consider selling your business.
- Know Why You're Selling the Business
- Know your objectives in the sale of your business
- Know how Saleable your Business Really Is
- Know What Your Business is Really Worth
- Know how to Increase the Value of Your Business
- Know all the Stakeholders
- Know How the Business Sale Process Works
- Know who should be on Your Team
- Know How to Manage Your Business During the Sale Process
- Know the Steps to Ensuring a Successful Outcome